Tuesday 9 August 2016

Review - Beauty Mums & Babies and Made4Baby Skincare Products



At Media Launch Event of Beauty, Mums & Babies at Paragon


I attended the Media Launch Event of Beauty, Mums & Babies at Paragon a few months ago and was amazed by the range of services that this one-stop wellness centre offers. From Mum and Baby yoga, to baby spa, pre and post natal massages to tuina classes for babies, you can definitely find something which suits you and your baby. The centre provides a relaxing ambience, making it conducive for mums and babies to bond. Motherhood is such a breeze when you have experts advising you on how to care for your little one. During the event, we were also given goodie bags containing skincare products for mums and babies, which are only available for sale at the wellness centre. 

Initially, I was a little hesitant to try the products as I have very sensitive skin prone to breakouts. However, I decided to give the products a try and I must say that I am pretty satisfied with the results. 

Here's my honest review of the products.


Cleansing Milk with Cucumber ($69)

This is my favourite product from the Beauty Mums & Babies skincare range. I had lots of bad experience with cleansing milk. Most of the ones in the market are either too oily and cause breakouts. The worst part is that they do not effectively remove makeup. This cleansing milk is light and creamy and has a soft exfoliating effect. What I like about it is that you only need to use a little for removal of light makeup. It does not leave a greasy feeling and my skin feels smooth and clean after using it. It also acts as an exfoliator and gives my skin a radiant look after cleansing. The cucumber extract which contains anti inflammatory properties, provides a soothing effect.



Face Tonic with Green Tea & Aloe Vera ($69)

Gentle and soothing to the skin, this face tonic is a must-have in your skincare collection. Made of natural ingredients such as green tea and aloe vera, it helps reduce redness and inflammation, promotes healing and gives moisture to the skin. What I like about this is that is refreshing and is non-stinging as it does not contain alcohol. Some of the toners I have tried strip the skin off all moisture making my skin sensitive and red. This face tonic is very calming and after using it for a month, I can see that my skin is clearer and more luminous.



Ultra Hydrating serum with Hyaluronic & PCA ($138)

This is the perfect serum to use if you are looking for something to slow down the ageing process. Hyaluronic locks in the moisture within the skin, increasing the skin’s regenerative power. If you have combination or oily skin, I would recommend that you use it on alternate days instead of daily. Just a pea size would be sufficient. If you use too much, it may cause breakouts. Initially, I used it everyday and I used a little too much resulting in some mild acne. After that, I decided to reduce the quantity and I noticed a great improvement in my skin. It looks plumper and more youthful and fine lines are reduced.




Moisturiser with Rosehip Oil ($108)

I like this moisturiser as it contains rosehip seed oil which is a natural source of essential fatty acids omega 3, 6 and 9 and helps to repair and and regenerate damaged skin issue. Rosehip seed oil is also rich in Vitamin C which helps to reduce pigmentation and brighten the skin. I noticed that after using it for a month, my skin tone is more even and my complexion looks clearer and more radiant. My skin also feels velvety and soft. What is most amazing is that this moisturiser is lightweight and easily absorbed into the skin. There was one time when I accidentally scratched my skin, leaving a red mark behind. I applied the moisturiser to the mark and after about six weeks, the mark miraculously disappeared. 

Made4Baby Skincare Range

Made4Baby Foaming Hair and Body Wash ($23.50)

Initially, I was sceptical about using this for my baby as foaming cleansers are usually dehydrating. However, I realised that I was wrong. This foaming cleanser does not contain parabens, petrochemicals and sodium lauryl sulphate, a cancer causing agent found in most shampoos and soaps. The fragrance-free formula is also beneficial for the soft, delicate skin of babies. As it is very gentle, it does not sting my baby’s eyes even when some of the wash gets into his eyes.The wash does not have the nice, fresh fragrance of most shower gels, and initially I was not use to it, however I gradually got accustomed to it. The best thing is that my baby loves the bubbles in his bath. 

Made4Baby
All Over Baby Lotion ($21)

The main ingredients of this lotion are water, sweet almond oil, rosehip seed oil, avocado oil, aloe vera extract and cocoa butter. All the ingredients contain healing and soothing properties, therefore it is also great for adults with sensitive skin. I used it daily on my hands and legs for a month and I really like the smooth, silky texture of my skin after I apply the lotion. As it does not contain harsh detergents, petrochemicals, artificial fragrances and parabens, it is excellent even for those with eczema. When my baby was about two to three months old, he had very bad rashes. I applied this on his face and his body and the rashes miraculously disappeared.

Made4Baby
Baby Massage Oil ($25) 

I must stay that I haven’t been using this very regularly due to laziness. I have only used it twice.
This mineral free oil is made using avocado, rosehip and jojoba oils and gently conditions the skin, giving it a soft and smooth texture. The sweet almond oil base is absorbed readily into the skin, making my baby feel relaxed and calm. I notice that he sleeps better after a good massage. I will definitely make it a point to use the massage oil more often. 

Overall, I would recommend Beauty Mums & Babies and Made4Babies skincare products. They are made of natural ingredients and using them in the long run will be beneficial for both you and your baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment