Wednesday 21 October 2015

Baby André Aaron’s 1st Month Celebration


The first few weeks after delivery was a whirlwind of physical and emotional changes for me. There were many things happening at the same time and I was exhausted having to cope with household chores, taking care of myself during the confinement month and learning to adapt and look after a newborn. I am glad I have a supportive and hands-on husband and a helpful mother-in-law and this made my postpartum recovery a lot faster.

Organising a first month celebration for my baby boy in the midst of the frenzy was by no means an easy task. In fact, we had absolutely no time to plan it till two weeks before the party. We wanted to keep the party simple as we did not want to stress ourselves too much.

The first thing we had to do was to work out the guest list which included relatives, close friends, colleagues, ex colleagues and former school mates. We had about 80 guests in total. Initially, we wanted to hold the celebration at the multi-purpose room at a condo. However, two days before the event, the Condo Manager informed us that the water pipes in the function have burst and they were unable to get it fixed in time. Therefore, we had to change the venue and cancel the catering arrangements which caused a lot of anxiety. Thankfully, we managed to secure a function room at the Copthorne King’s Hotel. Our next important task was to inform our guests of the change of venue. We managed to inform our guests, however, due to the mad rush, I forgot to inform one friend, which was a huge blunder on my part.

Fortunately, everything else went smoothly, thanks to my wonderful colleagues at the hotel, who ensured that the decoration, menu and all the details were well taken care of. A million thanks to Naili Printing for sponsoring the beautiful banner for our baby boy. Thank you to Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel's Executive Chef, David Toh and the Pastry team for designing such a stunning cake for us.  Last but not least, I would  like to thank all my guests for the lovely gifts and for making the party such a memorable one for us. 

Here are some pictures taken at the event which I want to share with all of you.

























No comments:

Post a Comment