Tuesday 20 October 2015

My New Parenting and Family Blog!

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my new Parenting and Family Blog - Journal of a Working Mum!

I never thought that I would start this blog as motherhood is a complete new ball game for me. I have never considered myself a maternal person and it took me a while to decide before starting this blog.

My hubby, Thomas and I have been married for almost four years since 2011 and we only decided to seriously try for a baby in late 2014. Having a baby was not at the top of our priority list as we were too preoccupied with work and other activities such as dining out, exercising, travelling and the list goes on......

As the years passed and my biological clock starts ticking, I told myself, that it is now or never. Therefore, we were elated when the gynaecologist confirmed that I was six weeks pregnant on 5 January this year. I am thankful to the Lord for blessing me with such a smooth pregnancy. Other than suffering from nausea during the first trimester and a bad cough during the second trimester, my life was pretty much the same. I went to work as usual, swam and did pilates regularly throughout my entire pregnancy.


Holding our bundle of joy for the very first time


On 22 August at 20:41pm, our bundle of joy, André Aaron Kwok Yong Jie was born, marking a new chapter in our lives. When I held him in my arms for the very first time, the feeling was so surreal yet so natural. André Aaron is almost two months old now and he has transformed our lives completely. Gone are the times where we could dine out weekly, go on movie dates and picnics. Our lives now revolve around feeding him, changing his diapers and bathing him. Currently, I am still on maternity leave and I am working from home. As much as I would like to lead a balanced lifestyle where I could work, exercise and care for my baby, it is extremely daunting. The feeling of guilt overwhelms me whenever I go out or spend too much time responding to work emails. I guess this is the dilemma every working mum faces.

Through this blog, I hope to share with you my experience as a first-time mum, the challenges I face and my thoughts on parenting and motherhood. Hopefully, I can inspire couples to get married and start a family. 

Love,
Jennifer Yeo


No comments:

Post a Comment