Tuesday 15 March 2016

Dance your way to a Slimmer and Sexier Body with Mummy & Baby Salsa

Can't wait for the class to start

Salsa is a dance which is close to my heart. About a decade ago, I met my hubby at a salsa class and our feelings blossomed gradually as we shared the same love for dance.

Salsa, which originated in New York in the mid 1970s is regarded as the King of Latin dances. 
It is an intimate and passionate dance which has its roots in the earlier Latin dance styles such as Cha-Cha and is later influenced by other dance moves. It is a combination of different dance moves just like the sauce 'salsa' which is delightful mix of various ingredients.

When I heard that JJ Salsa Rengue is offering a Mummy and Baby Salsa dance class, I was elated and decided to sign up immediately. This special class allows me to to workout, burn calories and bond with my baby, André Aaron. I thought it was good to introduce my baby to salsa at a tender age so that it can help to develop his passion for music and dance. In addition, I can also interact with other mums.

The instructor, Kit (who is also a Mummy) was very professional during the class. The first 20 minutes was dedicated to teaching us the basic steps. It was a refresher course for me as I have not danced salsa for a couple of years.  

Striking a pose with my little dance partner

Salsa consists of eight beats with strong emphasis on the first and fifth beat. In Salsa, the man leads while the woman follows. In Mummy and baby salsa, mummy leads with baby comfortably snuggled up in the carrier. Baby André loves the class as the music is relaxing and he feels safe and secure in the baby carrier. Kit introduced us to the shines moves (footwork performed in solo salsa dancing). She was very patient and waited till everyone was familiar before choreographing a dance routine for us. The entire class was very engaging and fun and I was surprised that Baby André did not cry during the class. In fact, he was so comfortable that he fell asleep in my arms towards the end of the class.

With salsa instructor, Kit and her baby

Overall, the class offers an excellent workout and bonding time with your baby. It is also an ideal platform to connect with other mums. This class is perfect for people who have always wanted to learn dance but could not convince their other half to do so. 

Mummy and Baby Salsa is suitable for babies aged three months and above. For safety reasons, it is recommended to wear exercise attire and track shoes during the class. The next intake will commence in April. 


Snippets of Mummy and Baby salsa class

JJ Salsa Rengue is located at 1 Tras Link, #02-08, Orchid Hotel, 078867. For more information on the class, please call 6443 7223 or email info@jjsalsarengue.com.sg.  Alternatively, please visit here
Sa

No comments:

Post a Comment