Sunday 13 March 2016

The Joys of Motherhood

How time flies! My baby boy, André Aaron is already six months old. I can't believe how much he has grown over the past few months. He is getting more active each day, squirming around in his playpen all the time. He is also learning to sit, which is  fantastic as he can now dine with us on the same table. I am also trying to prepare André Aaron to eat solid food. This can be a daunting task as he is accustomed to drinking only milk and gets very impatient when I introduce new things to him.

For the past few months, my life revolves around changing his diaper, feeding and bathing him. I try as much as possible to bond with him by bringing him to do fun activities such as Mummy and Baby Salsa and Yoga. Being a working mum, it is not possible for me to spend a lot of time with him, so I try to connect with him through other ways. In some ways, Baby André is like me. He is restless and easily distracted and it is impossible to get him to focus on one thing. Therefore, I have to engage him through activities. He is extremely inquisitive and seems to enjoy music, dance and rhythm. He giggles every time I carry him and gyrate my hips to the music. I guess I will enrol him for music and dance class when he is a little older.

Motherhood is amazing. It is the most beautiful and life-altering event a woman can ever experience. Dark rings under the eyes, sleepless lights, extreme fatigue.... and the list goes on. Despite the challenges I face, I never regretted my decision. Motherhood makes a woman feel complete. Baby André's smile brightens up my day and cheers me up whenever I am down. Words can't adequately express my emotions so I shall like the pictures do the talking. These pictures mark the significant milestones from the time of his birth till now.

In the Birth Room at Thomson Medical Centre.

Waiting in anticipation.

My companion during the labour process.

André Aaron, weighing 3.025 kg is finally out after 13 hours of labour.

The nurses measuring the circumference of baby's head.

My first picture with baby.

Our first family picture together

Mummy and baby exhausted after a long day.


What a big yawn! Picture taken when he was two days old.

Looking so angelic

Baby André looking so vulnerable here.

His first smile. Picture taken when he was six days old.

All wrapped up in a swaddle.

His first bath.

His full month party. Cake was made by the pastry team of Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel.

Picture was taken when baby was two months old. His eyes somehow grow bigger as he gets older.

Starting to look at little more alert at three months old.

His first staycation at Orchard Hotel.

Baby at four months!

His first Christmas.

Baby at five months! Starting to smile more.

His first CNY.

He is finally six months old and is able to sit up on a baby chair.


And it all started from a tiny black dot, the size of a bean....
Life is truly amazing.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment