Tuesday 29 March 2016

Philips AVENT Combined Steamer and Blender Makes Food Preparation for Babies A Breeze!


Philips AVENT Combined Steamer and Blender

Baby André Aaron turned 7 months about a week ago. His appetite is growing by the day and at this stage, it is vital to ensure that he gets sufficient nutrition. I attempted to breastfeed him from the time he was born till he was about two months. I found it tough as he was impatient and somehow I could not produce enough to satisfy his appetite. Formula milk was the solution. For the first six months, baby André's diet consisted of mainly Friso Gold infant formula milk. It was great as the taste was pleasant and he did not develop any allergy. We tried to switch to Dumex as some friends recommended it, however, it was not suitable for baby André and he immediately developed rashes after consuming the milk. Therefore, we had to switch back to Friso as it works well for him.

When Baby André was about six months old, I was happy as I could start him on some solid food. It made me feel less guilty for not breastfeeding him. When I saw the Philips AVENT Combined steamer and blender, I decided to get it as it made meal preparation a breeze. Some mothers buy ready foods from the supermarket as it is convenient and takes away the hassle of preparing your own food. I am extremely particular about the freshness of food, therefore I try to prepare my own food as much as possible.

The Philips AVENT Steamer and Blender is the greatest invention ever as it is easy to use and is light and portable. The best thing is that I can steam and blend using just one gadget. Steaming with the Philips AVENT Combined Steamer and Blender helps to retain essential nutrients because the juices released from the food during the steaming process are retained for mixing back into the food during the blending phase.  With this, I can prepare nutritious meals for my baby boy conveniently. In fact, I have been using the Philips AVENT Combined Steamer and Blender religiously and I get great joy experimenting with different recipes. I feel a sense of achievement when baby André smiles while eating the food I prepared.  Food which is processed in the blender tastes sweet and the texture is very fine, perfect for infants. It is also extremely easy to use and I would recommend all mums to use this to prepare meals for babies.

Philips AVENT Steamer and Blender is available at major departmental stores such as Isetan and is priced at $159.

Here's some of the food that I have prepared for him.

Carrot and pumpkin purée

Brown rice porridge with fish, broccoli and carrot

Corn, carrot and fish porridge

Pumpkin risotto with mushrooms. For this, I used the traditional potato masher instead of the Philips AVENT Combined Steamer and Blender.

Video of Baby André Aaron eating Mummy's porridge



No comments:

Post a Comment